This soft and buttery treat is heaven for any coconut chocolate fan!
⅔ cup (150g) Caster sugar
80g White chocolate
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cup (150g) desiccated coconut
120g White chocolate, grated
½ cup (75g) All-purpose flour sifted
⅓ cup (50g) Self-raising flour sifted
⅓ cup (50g) Cornflour sifted
¾ cup (640g) Icing sugar
200g white chocolate
¾ cup (180ml) Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. Grease lamington pan; line base and sides with baking paper, ensuring the paper extends over the sides of pan.
3. Beat the eggs until thick and pale (approx. 10min). Gradually add sugar and butter beat till all is combined.
4. Fold in chopped chocolate and flours until light and fluffy. Pour mixture into pan and lightly smooth the top.
5. Bake for approx 35 minutes in a preheated oven. When cooled slightly turn cake onto a baking-paper covered cooling rack; refrigerate until required.
6. To make the icing gently melt chocolate in the milk over saucepan of simmering water; sift in icing sugar, stir until consistency is that of an icing.
7. Cut cold sponge into 30 squares; dip each square in icing, drain off excess. Toss the squares in combined coconut and grated chocolate; place on wire rack to set.