This lemony loaf is light and tangy, making it the perfect treat for morning or afternoon tea! Works great as individual muffins just adjust the cooking time accordingly!
3 large egg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup Icing sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice, or as necessary for consistency
METHOD1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line cooking
tray with baking paper or spray well with
2. Put sugar, eggs and sour cream in a bowl
and stir and whisk until smooth, drizzle in oil
and continue whisking until combined well.
3. Add the lemon zest, lemon extract, and
whisk well to combine
4. Next add the flour, baking powder, salt, and
stir until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into pan and lightly smooth
the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for about 50min, or until top of loaf is
domed and cooked through. in the last 10min
of cooking loosely drape a sheet of foil over
the pan - this will prevent excess browning.
7. Allow loaf to cool in pan on top of a wire
rack for at least 30 minutes. It is crucial
to ensure loaf is cooled completely before
8. In a small bowl add icing sugar and
slowly drizzle in the lemon juice, whisk until
smooth adding sugar or lemon juice till
desired consistency and flavour reached.
9. Drizzle glaze over loaf before serving.