This melt in your mouth treat - makes the perfect accomplice to a cup of tea and a good book.
250g softened butter
1 cup of icing sugar
2 lemon or lime, finely zested
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of cornflour
METHOD1. Preheat oven to 150˚C (130˚C if your oven is fan forced).
2. Line cookie tray with baking paper.
3. Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy, add zest and combine.
4. Sift cornflour and flour together, then add to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
5. Lightly flour surface and knead mixture until a smooth dough forms.
6. Form dough into a log and wrap in grease proof paper or cling wrap. Chill in fridge for approx. 1hr or until firm. Then cut into 5mm biscuits and place on lined trays, bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp.