1 Tbs oil
1 onion peeled, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup tomato puree
2 Tbs pomegranate molasses (optional)
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
½ cup cider vinegar
1 cup brown surgar
¼ cup worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs honey
2 kg pork ribs, separated
To prepare the BBQ sauce:
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Cook the onions and garlic for approx 10 minutes or until they are soft and transparent.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
4. Leave sauce to cool, then store in fridge until ready to use.
To marinate the ribs:
1. In a large bowl mix half the sauce with the ribs.
2. Leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. The longer the better.
To cook the ribs:
1. Preheat the oven to 140˚C
2. Carefully line roasting tray and spread ribs out. Pour over sauce evenly.
3. Cover the pan with tin foil. Roast the ribs for approx 2 hours. Turn and baste occasionally.
Sprinkle with dried herbs and sesame seeds and enjoy your delicious, sticky ribs!