This dark, fibre rich loaf is packed with magnesium making it a healthier alternative to regular white bread.
INGREDIENTS1 cup white flour
1/2 cup rye flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cups full cream milk powder
2 Tsp oil
1/2 cup warm water
3 Tbs seeds of choice (sunflower seeds work well)
2 tsp dry yeast
3 Tbs sugar
1. Grease loaf tins. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Put sugar, yeast and warm water in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolved.
Put aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Put flours, milk powder and salt in a food processor, whizzz for a few seconds. While motor is running, add yeast mix, process until combined. Add oil and egg, process, scrape down bowl then process again for approx. 3 seconds.
4. Kneed mixture into a ball on a well floured surface. Put in a greased bowl and cover. Stand for 1 hour in warm place until mix has risen to about double the size.
5. Kneed on floured surface again. Sprinkle base and sides of 2 loaf tins with 2 Tbs of the kibbled rye, place dough in tin and stand in warm place for 45 minutes or until risen to double the size.
6. Brush with milk and sprinkle the left over seeds. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 180 degrees celsius and bake for approx. 40 minutes.
7. Cool on cooling rack.