1 ¼ cup wholemeal or plain flour
60g of butter
5 eggs, 1 lightly whisked
500g of butternut pumpkin cut into pieces
1 red capsicum, quartered
2 red onions, cut into 8 wedges
100g of fresh ricotta
¼ basil leaves
1 cup of milk
2 Tbs grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C. Place flour in bowl. Rub in butter to make coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and mix to dough.
2. Using the round quiche pan, roll the dough so it covers the base and trim the sides neatly. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Place pumpkin, capsicum and onion (eggplant if you wish) onto a baking tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake vegetables for 30 minutes. Once cooked, chop into small pieces.
4. Line pastry with baking paper. Cover base with rice or baking beads. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove beads and paper. Bake for 5 more minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 180˚C. Arrange vegetables in the pastry. Place in small spoonfuls of ricotta. Tuck basil leaves between vegetables.
6. Whisk extra eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in parmesan. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Stand for 5 minutes. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Serve with extra basil on top.