The chia pudding makes a delicious (and nutrient packed) breakfast, enjoy slow or on the go!
Makes a single serving
1 cup dried fruit - apricot, figs or cranberries (cut small)
1/2 cup dried dates, pitted
1 cup almonds
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1 Tbs desiccated coconut (plus more for rolling)
1/4 cup liquid honey
Zest of an orange
- Soak the apricots and dates in boiling water for a 3 minutes to soften, drain
- Blitz almonds in a food processor until pieces are small
- Add the dried fruit, dates, cocoa powder, zest and honey - blitz until mixture comes together
- Mold the mixture into small balls and roll them in coconut to coat the outside then place on a tray and freeze for at least an hour
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until snack time!