From the crunchiness of the cornflakes to the chocolate icing piled
on the top - you can't go wrong with a classic afghan biscuit!
200g butter (softened)
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ¼ cups Flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 ½ cups cornflakes
Icing:1 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 Tbs cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon melted butter
2 Tbs water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy - about 5min.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa, then add the cornflakes - stir lightly to combine.
- Roll into balls and lightly press with flat side of folk when on the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before icing.
Icing: Combine all ingredients apart from water, slowly add water, adding more if necessary until icing is a desired consistency. Ice biscuits and top with walnut havles.