Never buy store bought again with this simple and balanced Orange Marmalade. Perfectly sticky and sweet with a slight hint of ginger, the ideal pairing with fresh toast, an English muffin or a croissant.
3 oranges, medium
1 Tbs crystallised ginger, chopped finely (optional)
1 cup water
1 cup sugar, white
1 Tbs lemon juice
1. Wash oranges well and slice the oranges thinly, removing all the seeds. Slices should be around 3mm thick.
2. Mix together the orange, ginger and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Once combined well, add sugar and lemon juice and bring to the boil, then turn heat to low.
4. Let simmer for around 35-40 minutes or until thickened to a jam consistency.
5. Transfer to jar and seal tight, then refrigerate for up to a couple of weeks