I can't get enough of this Homemade Peanut Butter - I always have a jar in my fridge. This is a quick, easy recipe and fun to try different ways of making it. Sometimes I use different types of nuts or add in some cocoa powder for a smooth, creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter
2 cups peanuts, unsalted
pinch of salt
1 tsp honey
1. Heat oven 180°C & spread peanuts out on a tray and roast for around 5 minutes, making sure they don't burn. This step is optional but gives the peanuts a bit more flavour.
2. Let the peanuts cool before placing them in a food processor. If you are wanting a crunchy texture, pulse a handful of peanuts then set aside.
3. Process the rest of the peanuts for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides every minute.
4. If the mixture is a bit too thick, add in oil a little bit at a time. When you have reached your desired consistency add the salt and honey, and then process again until combined.
5. If you set aside peanuts for crunchy butter, stir them in now. Scoop the mixture into a jarand store in your fridge for up to a month.
For different variations, try using almonds or adding cocoa, spices or dried fruit