These little Brekkie Egg Cups are an unique twist on eggs on toast - creating an all-in-one breakfast treat. Combine your favourite breakfast ingredients and make it your own!
4 slices bacon
12 slices of bread
50 grams butter, melted
½ cup cheese
½ onion, finely diced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 Tbs chives, thinly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
2. Heat up a frying pan with oil and cook up the bacon till crispy. Once cooked, let cool then roughly chop.
3. Cut off the crusts of the bread and roll slices out flat with a rolling pin. Evenly spread the melted butter over both sides of each slice of bread.
4. Place each slice of bread in a muffin cup, gently pressing down so that it covers the bottom of the cup. Bake for five minutes.
5. Remove tray from oven and evenly distribute the cheese, onion and bacon across all the cups. Crack an egg into every cup then over the top evenly sprinkle chives, salt and pepper.
6. Bake in the oven for a further 18 minutes. Gently remove the egg cups from the tray, serve and enjoy!