Fill your house with the sweet smell of cinnamon with these light and fluffy Glazed Cinnamon Buns.
¾ cup warm milk, heated to 45 degrees Celsius
¼ cup butter, melted (for dough)
¼ cup white sugar
2 ¼ tsp quick rise or active yeast
3 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup butter, melted (for filling)
¾ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
2 Tbs ground cinnamon
110g cream cheese, softened
3 Tbs butter, melted (for icing)
¾ cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine in a large bowl the warm milk, melted butter (for dough), sugar and yeast. Leave it for 10 minutes till it gets frothy.
3. Add the egg and mix until combined well. Stir in the flour and salt until a dough forms. Lightly flour benchtop and knead dough till smooth and slightly sticky (around 2 minutes).
4. Turn the oven off. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Transfer it into the warm oven and leave to rest for 30 minutes or until its doubled in size.
5. Lightly flour benchtop and roll out the dough into a 35 x 20 cm rectangle. Spread the butter (for filling) over dough leaving a small margin around the edge. Evenly sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the dough, then gently rub into dough.
6. Starting from the shorter side, tightly roll up the dough and pinch the seam down to seal the edge. Cut dough into 2cm pieces and place in a greased baking pan.
7. Cover again with damp towel and let it rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven again to 175 degrees Celsius. Then once dough has risen, bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
8. Let the buns cool for around 5 minutes before icing them. To make the icing, combine cream cheese, butter (for icing), icing sugar and vanilla, beat until smooth and creamy. Spread over the buns and serve warm.