Upskill your baking talents and surprise your friends with this Blueberry and Lemon Galette that's sure to be a crowd stopper
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp white sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
150g butter, cold
1 egg yolk
3 Tbs milk
2 cups blueberries
1 Tbs cornstarch
¼ cup white sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 egg, beaten
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add pieces of butter and mix until it holds it shape when you clump it together with your fingers.
2. Add egg yolk and milk, mix together until combined well. Knead dough on a floured bench for 2 minutes then roll into a ball and pat down into a disc shape. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for at least an hour (can be chilled for up to 2 days).
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Remove dough from fridge and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Toss blueberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
5. Roll out the dough further to 30cm wide. Spread the fruit mixture in the centre, leaving a 5cm border around the edge.
6. Fold the edges over and brush the pastry with egg. Sprinkle with lemon zest and sugar.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving.