250g of softened butter
1 cup of icing sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of cornflour
1. Preheat oven to 150˚C (130˚C if your oven is fan forced)
2. Line cookie tray with baking paper
3. Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy
4. Sift cornflour, flour and ginger together, then add to creamed mixture and mix until combined
5. Lightly flour surface and knead mixture until a smooth dough is formed
6. Form dough into a log and wrap in baking paper or cling wrap.
Chill in fridge for about an hour or until firm.
7. Cut logs into 5mm thick biscuits (alternatively roll out dough to 5mm and cut with cookie cutter)
8. Place on the cookie tray and bake for 25-30min or until crisp.
Enjoy your buttery shortbread with a cup of tea or wrap and give as a gift!