1 cup boiling water
1 cup chopped dates
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs beaten
1 ½Tsp cocoa
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup sugar
1. Grease Pan and pre-heat oven to 180°.
2. Pour water over dates and add 1tsp of baking soda.
3. Cream together the butter, white sugar.
4. Add the egg and date mixture
5. Sift flour, cocoa, salt and ½ tsp of baking soda and add to batter.
6. Next add vanilla and ½ cup of chocolate chips.
7. Mix remaining chocolate chips, nuts and sugar and sprinkle on top of batter. this will make a frosting as it bakes.
8. Bake for 35minutes or until cooked through.