This Yoghurt Mousse with Strawberry Compote is the perfect way to end a meal as the light mousse paired with the sweet, thick compote will leave you feeling deliciously full. Ideal for entertaining as desserts can be made in advance and lid popped on before refrigerating!
1 tsp gelatine
1 Tbs cold water
½ cup honey
½ cup cream
500 grams yoghurt, preferably Greek
2 egg whites
2 Tbs white sugar
200 grams strawberries, washed and hulled
1 Tbs orange juice
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 Tbs water
1. Combine the gelatine and cold water in a small bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, mix together honey and cream. Remove from heat once the honey has dissolved. Stir in the gelatine mixture then let cool. Once lukewarm, fold the yoghurt into the cream mixture until combined.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the sugar and continue beating until well combined. Fold egg white mixture into the yoghurt mixture.
4. Pour into 12x 100ml jars then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until set.
5. To make the strawberry topping, cut strawberries in half and add to saucepan with the orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low until berries soften. If you desire a thicker consistency, mix the water and cornstarch together then add to mixture.
5. Once the mousse is set and berry compote has cooled, assemble by adding berries into the jars. Top with fresh strawberries (optional) and enjoy!