Your cookies in a jar are now ready to be given as a gift or baked and enjoyed at home. This fun and tasty recipe is a great way to show someone you care, and it's a the classic cookie recipe everyone loves. Enjoy!
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, rolled oats, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts (if using).
- Layer the dry ingredients in a 1 Litre jar, starting with the flour mixture, then the sugar mixture, and finally the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Attach a label to the jar with the following instructions:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKING COOKIES
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.