I am mildly obsessed with my Kylee Newton's jam recipes this summer - I'm sure you'll be too after you've recreated it!
Makes 3x500ml Jars
1.8kgs fresh raspberries
60ml lemon juice
700 grams sugar
¼ tsp vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste
1 Tbs cacao nibs
1. Sterilise the jars and lids and put a few small plates in the freezer. Gently wash the raspberries, if needed, and pick out any leaves or twigs.
2. Put the raspberries in a large, wide-rimmed, stainless-steel saucepan or jam pan, add 50ml water and the lemon juice, and soften the fruit over a medium-high heat for about five to seven minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
3. Slowly pour in the sugar, stirring until it dissolves completely, then add the vanilla and cacao nibs. Increase the heat and boil over a high heat for about 10-15 minutes, until it reaches 104C on a thermometer, or the rolling boil turns into heavier, ploppy bubbles.
4. When you think it’s ready, take off the heat and do the wrinkle test: put a quarter-teaspoon of jam on to a pre-frozen plate and put in the fridge for a minute. Remove from the fridge and push the jam with your finger; it should have a slight wrinkle on the surface, similar to when boiled milk forms a skin. If there’s no wrinkle, put the pan back on a high heat, keep cooking and test again every few minutes until the wrinkle has been achieved.
5. When the jam is ready, skim off and discard any froth on the surface, ladle the jam into hot, sterilised jars. Clean the rim of the jar and seal immediately.