Combine the best two flavours together to create these moreish Mocha Muffins! Perfect little treat that puts a pep in your step, with a sweet butter icing to balance out the chocolate and coffee.
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
3 Tbs coffee
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1 ¾ cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup chocolate chips, more to serve
2 Tbs cocoa powder
4 Tbs butter
2 Tbs coffee
1 ½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 190°C and grease 12 cup muffin tray well.
2. In a large bowl beat sugar, butter, milk, egg and coffee. Mix until combined. Sift dry ingredients into large bowl, and stir into wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Fold but do not overmix.
3. Cook for 14 mins (baking times may vary depending on your oven). You’ll know its done when a skewer inserted in the centre comes out dry. Leave to stand for a few minutes before turning onto cooling rack.
4. Make the icing by beating the butter, coffee and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa powder and icing sugar then gradually add to the butter mixture until combined well.
5. Once muffins have cooled slightly, pipe over the icing and top with chocolate chips.