These Loaded Alfredo Fries are a great dish to nibble on while watching the rugby game with some friends or having a BBQ lunch out in the sun. The crunchy fries, creamy sauce and crispy bacon will leave you wanting more!
500 grams frozen chips
30 grams butter
1 cup cream
1 clove of garlic, minced
60 grams Parmesan, grated
salt and pepper to taste
100 grams spinach, roughly chopped (about a handful)
100 grams mushrooms, sliced
200 grams streaky bacon
2 Tbs parsley, chopped finely
1. Cook frozen chips according to cooking instructions on packet.
2. Over medium heat, in a saucepan melt butter. Stir in cream and garlic, and reduce heat to simmer for around 5 minutes.
3. While waiting, saute the mushrooms over medium low heat with some butter in a frying pan until cooked, around 5 minutes then remove from heat.
4. Once the cream mixture has simmered, whisk in the Parmesan until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the spinach and cooked mushrooms, cook until the spinach has wilted.
5. Fry up the bacon in the frying pan with some oil, cook until crispy. Once cooked, remove from heat and roughly chop to bite size pieces.
6. Assemble the dish by layering the chips then the sauce, then the bacon and sprinkle with parsley.