With an abundance of Feijoas at the moment, my go-to is these Feijoa Mini Muffins topped with oats. They are the perfect lunch box treat or afternoon snack and pair perfectly with a nice cup of tea!
1 cup feijoas flesh
75 grams butter, melted
½ cup white sugar
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
brown sugar, to top
oats, to top
1. Preheat oven to 180. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a bowl lightly mash the feijoa flesh with a fork and set aside.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until creamed and smooth. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon then mix for a further 2 minutes, or until well combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon and fold until combined. Add the mashed feijoas and fold into the mixture.
4. Scoop out the mixture into the muffin tin, being careful not to overfill them as they will rise. Sprinkle with brown sugar and oats. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
5. Allow to rest before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm and enjoy