Homemade chocolate pudding is a classic dessert that is easy to make and always satisfies. This recipe uses simple pantry ingredients and can be made in advance, making it a great option for entertaining or a special treat for yourself.
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
3 cups milk
110g semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 Tbs unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
whipped cream, to serve (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt until well combined. Gradually whisk in the milk, making sure there are no lumps.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly, for about 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate, butter, and vanilla extract until everything is melted and well combined.
4. Pour the pudding into little 150ml jars
and cover with lid. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until the pudding is set.
5. Serve the pudding chilled, topped with whipped cream or shaved chocolate, if desired.