1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp of cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
3 cups of grated carrots
125g of butter, softened
125 cream cheese, softened
2 C icing sugar, sifted
Walnuts for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line cooking tray with
2. Combine eggs, vanilla essence, brown sugar and oil
into a large bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
3. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients and then stir in the
4. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 60
minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of
the cake comes out clean. Rest the cake for 10 minutes
in the tin and then remove and place on a cooling rack.
5. Make the icing by beating the butter and cream
cheese together until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar
and enough lemon juice to make a smooth icing.
Spread over cooler cake and decorate with walnuts.