If you're looking to spruce up your Spaghetti and Meatballs, try out this Asian twist! These sticky pork meatballs are soft and juicy, pairing perfectly with a saucy noodle stir fry- swap out the vegies for whatever you have in the fridge!
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs ginger, grated
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs sriarcha
2 Tbs honey
2 Tbs oyster sauce
450 grams pork mince
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 spring onion, chopped thinly
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 packets of thick noodles, preferably udon or hokkien
¼ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup hoisin sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
coriander, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C and line a baking tray. Make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, with your hands combine the pork, breadcrumbs, egg, spring onion, salt, pepper and half of the sauce mixture until combined well.
3. Start forming your meatballs about 5cm big and spread them evenly on the baking tray. Place in oven and cook for about 15-18 minutes, until fully cooked.
4. Boil the noodles in a pot of hot water, cook according to instructions. Drain well once done.
5. Heat a frying pan at medium heat and add sesame oil. Add onions and capsicum and cook until softened, about two minutes. Add noodles and meatballs, then combine
6. Add rice vinegar and hoisin sauce to the leftover sauce mixture and combine well. Add this to the pan and mix it all together. Serve and top with fresh coriander or spring onion.